Friday, October 3, 2008
8 Tips For Healthier Air in Your Home
1. Don’t let your vacuum bag ever become more than half full. This will reduce the amount of particles, activated from vacuuming, to be released into the air.
2. Change your vacuum bag at least once a month.
3. Avoid dust, mold, and bacteria build-up by wiping down surfaces in bathrooms, bedrooms, and the kitchen with a diluted bleach solution.
4. Decrease the amount of surface area where dust particles can collect by eliminating as much clutter as possible.
5. Remind yourself to change your air cleaner filter by marking the date on your calendar.
6. Check your smoke alarm at the same time.
7. If you have a fireplace, get the chimney checked once a year.
8. Get an annual radon check.